If you’re a parent searching for the finest private education in Arlington, Texas, look no further! Arlington’s private schools not only offer exceptional educational experiences but also pave the way to elite colleges and lucrative career opportunities.
Ease your search for the ideal educational environment for your child by utilizing this guide to explore Arlington’s top private schools for 2023. Since Arlington is the middle of DFW there are countless private schooling options!
We’ve taken the legwork out of the equation by ranking Arlington’s best private schools based on five key criteria: educational quality, college acceptance rates, future career potential, affordability and scholarship options, and location within the city. Continue reading to find out which Arlington private school could be the dream fit for your family and child.
|Fort Worth Country Day School
|Grace Preparatory Academy
|Park Row Christian Academy
|The Oakridge School
|All Saints’ Episcopal School
Fort Worth Country Day School
Address: 4200 Country Day Lane, Fort Worth, TX 76109
Grades: Pre K-12
Enrollment: 1100+ students
Tuition: About $25,000
Fort Worth Country Day (FWCD) is a distinguished JK-12 private, independent, coeducational, and nondenominational college-preparatory school nestled in Fort Worth, Texas, on a sprawling 100-acre campus. With a mission to nurture the intellectual, physical, emotional, and ethical development of students, FWCD offers a rigorous college preparatory program that seamlessly integrates arts and athletics. The school is renowned for its commitment to fostering a balanced approach to education, emphasizing the “3A’s”: Academics, Arts, and Athletics, allowing for excellence and leadership to thrive in a unique learning environment. The school’s rich 59-year foundation enables students to engage in the highest level of academics, arts, and athletics, and to think critically, participate in discussions, and embrace learning.
FWCD is home to over a thousand students and boasts a low student-to-teacher ratio, ensuring personalized attention. It offers a plethora of AP courses and extracurricular activities, ranging from sports to arts and music programs, and clubs and organizations.
The school is deeply committed to its core values of Integrity, Kindness, Courage, Respect, Responsibility, and Scholarship, integrating them into every aspect of the curriculum and daily activities. FWCD graduates enjoy a 100% acceptance rate to four-year colleges and universities globally, thanks to the quality and quantity of the College Counseling program, which connects students and their families to the resources and information they need for their academic future.
- Comprehensive Education: Offers a balanced and rigorous college preparatory program integrating Academics, Arts, and Athletics (“3A’s”).
- Personalized Attention: Maintains a low student-to-teacher ratio, ensuring individualized learning experiences and fostering critical thinking and engagement.
- Diverse Opportunities: Provides a wide range of AP courses, extracurricular activities, and sports, promoting holistic development and leadership skills.
Not Sure Which Private School Is Right For Your Family?
Explore your options by visiting the top three Arlington area schools on your list to find the perfect fit that aligns with your family's educational goals and values.
Grace Preparatory Academy
Address: 4001 Little Road, Arlington, TX 76016
Enrollment: 500+ students
Tuition: About $5,000
Grace Preparatory Academy, located in Arlington, TX, is a Christian-affiliated school emphasizing the importance of parental involvement in a child’s educational journey. The academy, founded in 1993, offers a unique schedule where elementary and secondary students attend classes two and three days a week, respectively, allowing parents to play a more active role in their child’s learning process. This approach not only fosters a close-knit learning community but also promotes values of independence, diligence, and advanced study skills from an early age.
The academy is recognized for having one of the largest student bodies and offering a plethora of extracurricular activities, ranking among the top 20% of private schools in Texas. It provides a range of advanced courses and maintains a favorable student-to-teacher ratio, ensuring individual attention and a conducive learning environment. The flexible schedule at Grace Prep allows students to pursue individual interests and manage their study time effectively, preparing them with the essential skills needed before entering college.
- Enhanced Parental Involvement: Unique scheduling allows for significant parental engagement in the child’s education, fostering a supportive learning environment.
- Balanced Development: Offers a variety of extracurricular activities and advanced courses, promoting holistic student development and a diverse learning experience.
- Skill Acquisition: The flexible schedule and enriched learning environment encourage the development of independence, diligence, and advanced study skills from an early age.
Park Row Christian Academy
Address: 915 West Park Row Drive, Arlington, TX 760137
Enrollment: 250+ students
Tuition: About $5,000
Park Row Christian Academy in Arlington, TX, is a renowned Christian educational institution, providing quality preschool and elementary education from ages three months through seventh grade. The academy, established in 1968, emphasizes Christian values and ensures students are nurtured by caring and dedicated teachers. The curriculum at Park Row is rich and diverse, including phonics-based reading instruction, Bible lessons, and a range of individualized and group instruction, allowing for a well-rounded educational experience for families looking for a Christian Elementary and Middle School.
The academy is notable for its supportive learning environment, with a low student-to-teacher ratio and small average class sizes ensuring personalized attention. It offers a variety of extracurricular activities, including clubs and arts and music programs, fostering holistic development. Park Row Christian Academy is not just focused on academic excellence but also on instilling values, morals, and life skills, preparing students for a successful and fulfilling life.
- Holistic Christian Education: Emphasizes Christian values and morals, providing a nurturing and value-driven learning environment.
- Personalized Learning Experience: Maintains a low student-to-teacher ratio and small class sizes, ensuring individualized attention and support.
- Diverse Curriculum & Extracurriculars: Offers a rich and varied curriculum along with a range of extracurricular activities, fostering well-rounded development.
The Oakridge School
Address: 5900 West Pioneer Parkway, Arlington, TX 76013
Enrollment: 1000+ students
Tuition: About $25,000
The Oakridge School, located in Arlington, TX, is a renowned college preparatory institution, striving to mold students to meet the rigors of college and beyond, emphasizing social responsibility, mutual respect, and personal integrity. The school, founded in 1979, offers a nurturing environment and a comprehensive curriculum designed to help students acquire knowledge and develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills. With a low student-to-teacher ratio and small class sizes, the school ensures each student receives personalized attention and support, fostering a love for learning and a desire for excellence in academics, arts, and athletics.
The school stands out for its diverse and inclusive community, offering a plethora of extracurricular activities and sports, allowing students to explore and cultivate their interests and talents. The Oakridge School is nonsectarian and accommodates students from nursery/preschool to 12th grade. It holds top rankings among private schools in Texas, reflecting its commitment to providing a high-quality education and a rich learning experience, preparing students to be well-rounded individuals ready to face the challenges of the future.
- Holistic Educational Approach: Delivers a balanced focus on intellectual, artistic, and athletic development, enhancing analytical and resolution skills.
- Variety and Inclusivity: Hosts an extensive range of extracurriculars and sports, cultivating values of respect, social responsibility, and individual integrity.
- Tailored Support: Upholds a favorable student-to-teacher ratio and intimate class settings, guaranteeing personalized guidance and a supportive learning atmosphere for every student.
All Saints’ Episcopal School
Address: 9700 Saints Cir, Fort Worth, TX 76108
Enrollment: 1200+ students
Tuition: About $20,000
All Saints’ Episcopal School, located in Fort Worth, TX, stands out as a top Christian high school in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, holding an impressive A+ overall grade. The institution, renowned for its academic excellence, offers a comprehensive educational experience from preschool to 12th grade, emphasizing servant leadership, academic rigor, artistic exposure, and athletic competition. The school’s commitment to creating a challenging and nurturing learning environment is evident, with a focus on developing each child’s potential through engaging and inspiring programs.
The school boasts a 100% graduation rate and high average SAT and ACT scores, reflecting the quality of its academic programs and the effectiveness of its dedicated faculty. Students at All Saints’ Episcopal School enjoy a diverse range of clubs, activities, and sports, contributing to a vibrant and inclusive school culture. The school’s emphasis on servant leadership and community engagement prepares students to approach life with balance, compassion, and a sense of responsibility, positioning them for success in college and beyond.
- Exceptional Academic Programs: Offers a comprehensive and engaging curriculum, ensuring students are well-prepared for college and beyond.
- Diverse In and Out of Classroom Opportunities: Provides a wide range of extracurricular activities, clubs, and sports, fostering a vibrant and inclusive school culture.
- Nurturing Environment: Emphasizes servant leadership and community engagement, cultivating a sense of responsibility and compassion in students.
About Our Private School Ranking System
We’ve ranked the top private schools in the Arlington and DFW area based on the following key factors so you can find the best private school for your kids:
- Academic Excellence – Our analysis delves into the curricula, faculty quality, and educational resources available at Arlington’s private elementary, middle, and high schools to pinpoint the city’s educational standouts.
- Pupil-Instructor Ratio – A smaller classroom size is crucial for enabling tailored instruction. We’ve investigated the pupil-instructor ratios at Arlington’s private schools to evaluate the degree of individualized focus each student receives.
- Faculty Qualifications – The reputation of a private school often mirrors the caliber of its educators. We’ve scrutinized the credentials, skills, and teaching methodologies of instructors at Arlington’s private educational institutions.
- Preparation for Higher Education – We’ve examined the percentage of students who advance to tertiary education and the prestige of the colleges they attend, to assess how effectively these schools equip students for academic success post-high school.
- Career Prospects – Our assessment takes into account the employability of alumni, including job placement statistics and the kinds of roles they commonly secure.
- Cost and Scholarship Opportunities – Recognizing that private schooling is a significant financial commitment, we’ve evaluated tuition fees and the range of financial aid options available at Arlington’s private schools.
- Location in the Arlington Area – Accessibility is key; all schools featured in our rankings are strategically situated within the Arlington metropolitan region.
- Performance on Standardized Tests – Although test results are not the only indicators of educational quality, tests like the SAT and ACT offer a reliable benchmark for academic achievement. We’ve considered how Arlington’s private schools fare on state and nationally administered exams.