The Texas Education Agency (TEA) is the administrative unit for primary and secondary public education in the state of Texas.
Visit the TEA website at http://www.tea.state.tx.us
Agency responsibilities include:
- managing the textbook adoption process;
- overseeing development of the statewide curriculum;
- administering the statewide assessment program;
- administering a data collection system on public school students, staff, and finances;
- rating school districts under the statewide accountability system;
- operating research and information programs;
- monitoring for compliance with federal guidelines; and
- serving as a fiscal agent for the distribution of state and federal funds.
The TEA operational costs are supported by both state and federal funds.
Texas Education Agency
1701 N. Congress Avenue
Austin, Texas, 78701